Thursday 6 November 2014

La Roche Posay REDERMIC [R] : so far

Generally, I like to trial skin care bits for at least 8 weeks so that I can get a proper feel for how the product reacts on my skin and if it actually does the things that they claim. La Roche Posay is a favourite brand of mine and I was already researching their Redermic range when the New Intensive Bits slipped through my post box like somebody had been checking my google search history (I initially called Paula psychic).


La Roche Posay REDERMIC [R] is targeted to wrinkles, uneven skin tone and dark spots. Everything I am either starting to get or have been battling for at least 10 years, the dark spots being the worst of my issues so I was super excited to get started with this.

There are 2 new additions to the REDERMIC range, both of which are followed with the [R], which stands for Retinol. Retinol is one of the most widely used ingredients in anti-aging solutions as its efficacy has been proven to be effective. Now LRP has combined Retinol with an "exclusive Retinol booster complex" to enhance the formula while keeping it suitable for sensitive skin.


First impressions are good. I started using in once a day (at night) every second day for a week and had no issues so I went to using it every night. Its only bloody lovely.

REDERMIC [R] EYES Dermatological Anti-Ageing Concentrate - Intensive is pretty good. The formulation is light and sinks in really easily, you don't need very much for it to overwhelm the whole area, so little is best with this one. I don't have anything bad to say about this. It is light, but still manages to be intensely moisturising and spreads like a dream so you won't be pulling at your eyes to get it to absorb. Its still early days to give proper feedback about wrinkles, but I do think that my peeper area is tighter and less papery. The lines are still there, but as I said, it still early days. Even though this is rather pricey (RRP €27.50 for 15ml), you need so little to do both eyes, this is going to last at least 6 months.


REDERMIC [R] Dermatological  Corrective Concentrate - Intensive is the one I am not so sure of. We started off great friends. We really did. I have used retinol treatments before and they have always left my skin feeling extremely dry and tight. This didn't. It glided onto my skin and absorbed really quickly. I had no sensitivity, no tightness, no dryness, no cracking (yes, the area around my lips cracked, peeled and bled when I used other retinols). I was in love. My skin felt really good and looked really good. And then.

Ahem. Now honestly I am not sure it is actually REDERMIC's fault, I really suspect my hormones. Because the volcanoes that have erupted on my jaw look like a hormonal break out to me. And they are Not. Bloody. Budging. Urgh.
I had thought that after 5 weeks the REDERMIC would have helped shift the buggers (I have been sooo freaking good about not touching them or squeezing them and keeping my face clean and hydrated and I haven't even binged on the halloween candy), but they aren't moving and they aren't any smaller. Sob.


REDERMIC [R] serum (the full name is too long) costs €34 for a 30ml tube. It smells really clean and fresh and I love that it hasn't made my skin dry and tight and sore and the fact that this tube has lasted me 7 weeks of daily use and there is still a good 3/4 of the tube left. LRP know exactly how to deliver value for money.

But for now I have had to put this in my drawer for testing at a later date. I need to find something to shift the Vesuvi (Vesuvius-es Vesuvius-s) off my face. Suggestions in the comments please!!!

Overall I really like the idea of this range. It is something that I have been looking into for a while, my pigmentation (the dark spots that look like a thousand freckles all decided to appear RIGHT next to each other) is an issue for me, and I will always be looking for something that will help me. The fact that this targets deep wrinkles, sun damage, uneven skin tone and uneven texture, all at the same time makes it cool.

I look forward to testing this properly as soon as my skin has stopped freaking out.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoying these too although I don't use them every night as think they're a little too strong for my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried paula's choice vitamin c? it works wonders on dark spots

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...