Tuesday 25 March 2014

The Body Shop Vitamin E Newbie: Its Brilliant

The Body Shop is hitting it out of the park lately and this new addition to the Vitamin E range is pretty much the bees knees. Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil is a little more expensive in the Republic than it is in "De North", but even so it is worth the €22.


It is also worth noting that The Body Shop is listing the product ingredients on their website so you can see what is in the product before you buy it.

One of my first forays into proper skin care in my teenage years was with The Vitamin E range from The Body Shop is one of those scents that brings my youth flooding back. I love the fact that The Body Shop has remained true to the original scent. It reminds me of my mom showing me how to look after my skin and her hugs. It reminds me of the 3hr baths I used to be able to take. And learning to shave. This new Serum doesn't disappoint in the scent department: it is pure unadulterated 1992 The Body Shop Original Vitamin E. I love it.

The Body Shop says: "Wake up to beautiful skin with new Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil, a technical innovation combining the power of a serum and oil to indulge, replenish and recharge skin with moisture overnight" and while the immediate effects (well after sleeping in it for a night) are pretty great, its the long term improvements that are pretty amazing. Also it helps that Caroline Hirons is on board with this little bottle of greatness.

Toted as an "8h beauty sleep for your skin" after the first night of using this my skin did look fresher and felt much softer the next morning, and even though I layered this up underneath my usual moisturiser, my skin didn't feel any more greasy than it normally would (my t-zone is always oily when I wake up). The radiance promised didn't happen immediately, that came later...


I have been using this for around 2 months now and it slipped into my evening routine effortlessly. Some nights I can leave out moisturiser altogether, because this is a great moisturising product. On days when I feel like my dry areas need more attention I will apply the serum over my whole face and massage in  and go back over my cheeks again with a drop or two more. And my skin hasn't reacted badly to this extra nourishment at all.

This Serum comes in a 28ml glass bottle with a handy little dropper so that you only get out as much as you need and you only need about 4 or 5 drops (one on the forehead, nose, chin and each cheek) and it contains quite a high concentration of wheatgerm oil, which allows the serum-in-oil to glide over the skin but still give a good grip for a lovely facial massage. It sinks in really really quickly and doesn't leave a residue behind so you won't be leaving greasy smears on your phone or pillow at night.


As I said this has slipped into my nightly routine very easily and it hasn't caused any congestion or any sensitivity. If anything it has helped my congested areas as the addition of extra massage has helped my pores to purge in a very gentle manner without leading to huge massive spots.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Oil-in-Serum is a fabulous addition to a night time routine and I think that normal & dry skin types will drink this up. Oily skins would probably fare well with this too, but possibly not every single night.

I adore this serum and it has made me want to get more of the Vitamin E products out of the range, even if it is just for nostalgia's sake.




Thanks to The Body Shop for providing the Sample for testing!




5 comments:

  1. I'm hearing such great things about this. The body shop has come a very long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has! This is a great little product to pep up tired skin!

      Delete
  2. Excellent review, if this doesn’t sell it nothing will! I’ve been dying to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this but would be too terrified to try it as my skin can be quite oily. That and what if it didn't work for me at that price! Love your photos! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more Cindy! This really impressed me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...