Wednesday 26 February 2014

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser for Dry Skin: A Review

As a brand Nivea have been around for a long long time. It is one of those smells that evokes a multitude of memories for me. And their new offering, this Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser for Dry Skin is a winner.


My Sister in Law bought me the white bottle (for ordinary skin) when it launched last year and I was a bit skeptical. But I used it twice and I was won over, big time. Its been in my shower ever since.

What is Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser? Well its conditioner for your body instead of your hair. You apply it to moist skin and then rinse it off. A bit of a misleading concept, because the instructions don't tell you EXACTLY how to get the best out of this little wonder. And there is a little knack to getting it to do what you need it to do: moisturise your body.


First off, The blue bottle which is the Dry Skin variant has the classic Nivea Scent. It reminds me of my Gran. The Dry skin one is much thicker than the one for Normal Skin and seems harder to spread, but I have a knack for that now too. The Normal Skin variant spreads fairly easily and leaves a light layer of moisture on the skin. Its good, but I prefer the Blue Bottle.

And here's why: it leaves a thicker layer of grease moisturiser behind after you rinse. And I find that I don't have to use this every night when I shower, I only use the Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser for Dry Skin every 2nd night. The moisturising results last and I might only have to use an actual body cream/lotion/butter once or twice a week.


The trick to getting the best from this Body Conditioner is this: Before you even open the bottle, turn the water OFF. Do your usual shower ritual, rinse off your chosen cleanser, and then turn the water off and brush of some of the extra water off your skin. This is the first "knack" to getting the most out of this.  You'll also save a whole lot of hot water and product this way. Trust me.

Flippy tops make me happy

Then mush a decent handful into your hands and pat white handprints on various body parts: I start at my shins, then thighs, bum, tum, as high as I can reach on my back, boobies, and upper arms. That is the trick to spreading something that will slip away through your fingers and straight down the plughole. Now you need to get massaging. Rub the cream into your skin starting at the shins. Pay extra attention to any dry areas, Take your time, do a proper job. For goodness sake don't do under your feet, you will slip and fall on your ass.

For me this is the best way to use this Blue Bottle of Loveliness. If you leave the water running when you try to apply this it just runs straight down the plughole. And you also waste water.

Once you are happy that you have given this a good rub into your skin, turn the water on and rinse off any excess, turn the water off again and step into your waiting towel and Pat Pat Pat. This is the best way to preserve your layer of grease moisturiser. Put on PJ's and settle down knowing that you don't have to put cream on now while freezing your bits off.

Ingredients: I know I go on about Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil) on my face, but this isn't a face product.

The big 400ml bottle of Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser is normally around the €8 mark, but they are often on special and I pick up 2 or three if I see them for under €5. This has changed the way I moisturise and while it is an extra product in my shower, it works and I don't get that horrid dry/sore/itchy skin feeling as often as I used to.


Find this Nivea Goodie in the Toiletries aisle in your supermarket or between the Shower Gels and Body Lotions in Boots & Pharmacies.

**I purchased this product with my own moolah. Unless you count the first bottle that my SIL got me.

9 comments:

  1. I really liked this when I got it but for some reason it failed to make it into my regular routine - I think I'm too asleep in the shower to deviate from my usual products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great product. I purchased 3 bottles after I'd tried it. And you're right about not using it every day. I started using it everyday and I noticed my skin getting oilier and sticky. Now I'm using it every other day or when I feel I need it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try this....legs could do with it before summer hits us!! Hope all are well:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a product called CapriClear, all natural coconut oil moisturizer. I've tried Nivea before, loved it, but I find this product keeps my skin more hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this sounds great my skin is really dry with pregnancy so may pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This product is truly awesome.I have been using it from a long time.I am also the user of SKINUE product it is very beneficial for the skin.Figuring out which ingredients to look for or avoid in a moisturizer, or how to deal with changes in skin due to acne treatments or age, can present additional challenges.On sensitive skin (which otherwise is susceptible to skin irritations, redness, itching or rashes), it is preferable with moisturizers that contain soothing ingredients such as chamomile or aloe and that minimize potential allergens such as fragrances or dyes, as well as irritants such as acids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an good product to use in summer - not sure about turning off the shower in winter though and you definitely need to be careful about rinsing the shower as it will leave the floor slippery! I have a serious problem with the packaging which makes it extremely inconvenient to use. It needs to have a pump bottom and a hook top to actually make it as truly convenient as it claims. In it's current packaging you have to put the bottle on its side somewhere in the shower or back on the rack between handfuls which means you're constantly picking it up, putting it down and opening and closing the lid - all of which take up the time Nivea claims you are saving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great review & the explanation on how to use it. I just bought it today & I was surprised & annoyed by how little the bottle actually has to say in regard to the how to. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Denise! Hope you like the product and that it saves you some time in the mornings/evenings!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...