Friday 27 January 2012

Fire in the hole...

This packet needs to come with a warning. This stuff works like a charm. But it will literally blow your sense of smell right out of the room.


I battle with my sinuses on a regular basis. I have had enough infections to feel the pressure when they are about to start and I can then start problem solving. I am always trying new things. Trying to find something that will actually help clear out the cavities.

This little sachet contains 60grams of Eucalyptus Soaked Salts, meant to be added to a body temperature (not hot) bath. As you can see on the top right of the picture below, this is enough for one bath...



Now, If you are feeling reckless suicidal you will carelessly get your partner to add the whole sachet to one bath, while you undress in a separate room. Then swan into the bathroom in a robe and lustily stupidly take a deep breath. And get knocked on your @$$ or pass out. Those are the only two options.



Cheese-on-bikes, this stuff is STRONG. Half the bag will suffice. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

After being revived and told that the crystals dissolved very easily, I got into the bath. Generally, I prefer my bath to be a bit hotter. If I am going to bath then there had better be steam, enough at least to steam the mirror up. So I confess, I added hot water to make it warmer and settled in to soak for 15 minutes. The water felt softer (thanks to those thermal spring salt crystals) and didn't really dry my skin out, cool. 

The vapours took a few minutes to get used to, but once I started breathing deeply and slowly through my nose, I was ok. The warmth of the bath also helped to ease the tension that had been building in my shoulders and neck.

What I really like that this doesn't contain Menthol, like many "sinus relief" products do, so it doesn't irritate the "sensitive" bits. With menthol its all warmth and happiness while you are in the water, but as soon as you get out, you freeze your bits off. Kudos Kneipp, thanks for Actually thinking this through.

 The steam and the Eucalyptus oil definitely did help to open my sinuses and once I got out I did feel like the pressure in my face had eased, enough to be able to bend over and put cream on my feet without feeling like my eyeballs and teeth were going to explode out of my head.

This sachet costs €1.99 and its the perfect size to test it out before committing to the Huh-Yoooge (big) jar. I don't take enough baths to justify getting the big jar. But the little tester packet is the perfect size to keep in the medicine cabinet when I feel the start of sinus pressure. 

And if you are rich enough to own a whirlpool bath invite me over  :)










1 comment:

  1. I used to use Eucalyptus drops on my pillow when I had a cold. It really helped!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...